BRILLIANTISM: TV ON THE RADIO

9.26.2008

TV ON THE RADIO

I had a great weekend at the Treasure Island Music Festival. After struggling with summarizing it, I decided that mocking-up an AIM-style chat session with my alter-ego would be the best way to portray what happened.



BrilliantMP3s: Jack fricken' White!

TheFierceFace: Indeed.

BRLMP3S: That guy is the controller. He looks so famous.

FACE: More things look famous from side-stage, my man. You’ll learn that.

BRLMP3S: Justice looked pretty famous from the crowd of 12,000 people, who all seemed to be wigging out.

FACE: Did they chop up “Master Of Puppets” as part of their encore?

BRLMP3S: Indeed.

FACE: I love that.

BRLMP3S: It was magical. I wasn’t sure what it would be like to watch two guys press play on well-hidden laptops, but they had it figured out. They lorded over the crowd. Those two know how to make an island sound great.

FACE: A beautiful island, that.

BRLMP3S: So true. TV On The Radio were another favorite, and not just because they played in the best slot at any festival: as the sun was dipping below the Golden Gate. They were also extremely raw.

FACE: So it was light when they began, and dark when they finished?

BRLMP3S: Correct.

FACE: Culminating in darkness, I like that. It sounds like something you’d name a song ten years ago.

BRLMP3S: Ha ha.

FACE: How was Goldfrapp?

BRLMP3S: Terrible! The VIP was contractually empty.

FACE: Wha-a-a-a-a-t?

BRLMP3S: I guess no one in her band actually plays instruments live, it’s all a recording. They didn’t want anyone standing close enough to see, I guess.

FACE: And it was still that bad?

BRLMP3S: It was egregious, man! I was told to keep that on the down-low, FYI.

FACE: Better not blog that, then.

BRLMP3S: Good call.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something grand...