BRILLIANTISM: HOW THE INTERNET WORKS

7.23.2009

HOW THE INTERNET WORKS


I woke this morning and instinctively checked my favorite aggregator site, ycombinator. The 48th most popular link was Examples of Extreme Minimalism in Web Design. I opened it in a new tab, making it one of 14 tabs open. About a half hour later, I clicked to that tab and perused.

The 30 sites used as minimalist design examples were all interesting. Some were novel, others were related to design. A few were just useful. It was a great bit of organizing on the authors part.

I also opened a new tab for Telescopic Text, a page with five words: I made tea. By Joe. When you click on any of the first three words, they expand, then those words expand until there's a tidy little story on the scree. It's fun.

Finally I clicked By Joe, and found Joe Davis' site (seen at the top of the post; it's completely gorgeous). He seems like a clever fellow. A musician, designer, etc. His site is like a map within a map of inspiring distractions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something grand...