BRILLIANTISM: NEIL YOUNG

10.20.2008

NEIL YOUNG

"The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?"


I found myself in the Tenderloin rather early on Saturday morning. In the apartment, at least one wall was a strange shade of aquamarine. No one in the room seemed to be friends, at least that's what I thought at the time. The floor was beautiful, awesomely aged wood that I photographed. The renter, when pressed about his rather nice stereo equipment, related a story about a $38,000 settlement for an accident he'd been in, saying, "how else do you think I could afford this place?" He wore a tank top and had long hair.

Later, maybe, I took a picture of a Back To The Future movie poster, but I think that was from Saturday night. I can't remember. It reminded me to start a list of DVD's That I Really Should Own Or Have Owned And, For One Reason Or Another, Lost, But Should Really Get Again:

  • Back To The Future
  • Waking Life
  • Fletch
  • Donnie Darko
  • Brick
  • JFK
  • Tron
  • Gummo
  • Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
  • Existenz
  • Alice In Wonderland
  • Purple Rain
  • Stop Making Sense
  • Meeting People Is Easy
  • Fantastic Planet
In some ways I think owning these things would make me a better person.


2 comments:

  1. Oasis does a great live version of this song.

    Also, that dude in the TL's name is Izzy and apparently he is "not a good" person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fletch Lives, you mean. That one rules.

    ReplyDelete

Say something grand...