BRILLIANTISM: JONAS BROTHERS

8.22.2008

JONAS BROTHERS

"Red drehehess."

Numerous Jonas Brothers revelations (pun intended) reading the Rolling Stone cover story, which is worth checking out. I don't expect everyone to be as compelled by multi-platinum tweens with bible-thumping parents, but I dig Jonas Brothers songs. For reference, know that the Brothers have a number one album, plus their self-titled (previous) album and their film soundtrack are in the top 20. Besides the catchy songs, their appeal is ridiculously, intriguingly "meta," exploring rudimentary (therefore universal) emotions via film, television, and music.


I was most surprised to read that Nick Jonas, the youngest, is the head-songwriter. The new single (get it below) is snappier, sillier, and more tech than most platinum pop rock. Most importantly, the boys don't have to mask their intentions, which I think is Disney's finest achievement. Fun is real. Too bad Walt was a Freemason.


3 comments:

  1. I applaud you for being brave enough to explore music others wouldn't dare touch. Especially within the bracket of disney-pop rock. Go you!

    I too enjoy the Jonai.

    I reviewed their concert too. If you're interested:
    http://www.theowlmag.com/livereviews.asp?id=213

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just added an entry i wrote a while ago but never published, and included some low-res concert cellphone pics from the night of that show. :)

    You mentioned Rolling Stone- have u heard the mag is shedding its skin into a standard magazine size? I don't know how I feel about that, but it's not surprising.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The album is not bad. I am most impressed with "Love Bug" and "Shelf." The guys also have pretty good taste in music. I've read several articles where they say that they listen to a lot of Elvis Costello and Band of Horses.

    ReplyDelete

Say something grand...