BRILLIANTISM: COLDPLAY

4.29.2008

COLDPLAY

"If you love me why don't you let me know?"






As a child I was afraid of the city. Convinced that nothing small could survive when everything else was so big, I felt anxious. I remember thinking that driving over the bridge was like driving into a sleeping body, and that when an earthquake struck the body would collapse around me. I was a tiny kid.

Yesterday while walking up Market Street, a tiny woman cut me off and threw her hands towards my face, not intending to do more than scare me. I think she was fronting. She reminded me of that temporary fear of the massiveness of the city, and I saw that I wasn't concerned with the size, but with the lack of control.

When the 1989 quake struck I was playing Super Nintendo in Oakland. I was six. In one of my earliest memories, a thin tree shakes as unnaturally as the paned door I watched it through. I can still see the highest branches reaching down to the ground. I never really played video games after that.



Coldplay's WEBSITE.
Coldplay on WIKIPEDIA.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something grand...